Helpful resources for the HSQF
What is the HSQF?
The Human Services Quality Framework (HSQF) is a system designed to assess and improve the quality of human services across Queensland. The HSQF incorporates a set of quality standards (the Human Services Quality Standards) that cover the core elements of human service delivery.
To achieve certification, organisations must demonstrate compliance with the standards to an independent, third-party certification body. Certification bodies are accredited by the Joint Accreditation System of Australia and New Zealand (JAS-ANZ).
The HSQF applies to a range of human services organisations across Queensland, and certified organisations enjoy a host of benefits.
Certification allows organisations to enjoy streamlined processes, strengthened policies and procedures, and promotion of a continuous quality improvement culture. It verifies the organisation as being capable of delivering a high-quality service to its target groups.
If you’d like to learn more about HSQF certification, including more of the benefits, information about the Human Services Quality Standards, the process of certification and how to prepare, take a look at our article Getting started with HSQF certification.
Whether you’re completely new to the HSQF and looking for basic information or have achieved certification and are simply looking for updates, there are a number of helpful resources to assist you. We’ve compiled these HSQF resources into an easy-to-navigate page to help you find exactly what you’re looking for.
The Queensland Government website consists of a variety of helpful pages.
Follow the links below to find out more.
- Overview of the Human Services Quality Framework outlines background information to the HSQF, as well as its scope, application and incorporation.
- Overview of the Human Services Quality Standards identifies the core elements and principles of the standards, as well as methods to demonstrate compliance.
- Self-assessment – quality requirements and resources provides information and useful resources for organisations that are seeking to demonstrate compliance with the HSQF through a self-assessment against the Human Services Quality Standards.
- HSQF news and updates provides notification of significant updates that might impact organisations who are seeking or have undertaken certification, including updated HSQF documents.
- Tools and resources consists of a suite of resources designed to assist organisations and service users in actively participating in the HSQF quality reviews and processes, including 10 information sheets that cover the key steps in achieving certification under the HSQF.
Queensland Council of Social Service (QCOSS) is Queensland’s peak body for the social service sector. Their website includes a host of resources relating to the HSQF.
They have developed a series of self-assessment resources including a guide to self-assessment and continuous improvement, a self-assessment workbook and a continuous improvement plan.
QCOSS has also developed policy templates to assist organisations in implementing the HSQF. They allow organisations to identify whether their existing policies and procedures meet all the criteria of the standards, and assist them in drafting new policies and procedures, if necessary. Each policy template relates to an individual standard, as well as supporting documents.