ISO 9001:2015, owned by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), is the most established quality framework worldwide. It is the international standard that provides a proven foundation for an effective quality management system.
ISO 9001:2015 is based on quality management principles including a strong customer focus, process-driven approach, involvement of senior management and continual improvement. ISO 9001:2015 can be applied to all organisations regardless of the type, size or service being provided. ISO 9001:2015 is objective proof that your organisation operates competently and safely, is consumer-focused and delivers quality outcomes.
QIP Certifications provides certification for health and human services organisations against ISO 9001:2015
ISO 9001 Standards
ISO 9001 is based on the plan-do-check-act methodology and provides a process-oriented approach to documenting and reviewing the structure, responsibilities, and procedures required to achieve effective quality management in an organisation. Specific sections of the standard contain information on many topics, such as:
- Requirements for a quality management system, including documented information, planning and determining process interactions
- Responsibilities of management
- Management of resources, including human resources and an organisation’s work environment, and
- Measurement, analysis, and improvement of the QMS through activities like internal audits and corrective and preventive action.
Changes introduced in the 2015 revision are intended to ensure that ISO 9001 continues to adapt to the changing environments in which organisations operate. Some of the key updates in ISO 9001:2015 include:
- An emphasis on risk-based thinking to enhance the application of the process approach
- Improved applicability for services, and
- Increased leadership requirements.
Could your organisation benefit from ISO 9001:2015?
Many health and human services organisations choose to undergo ISO 9001:2015 certification with QIP Certifications due to the standards' strength as a powerful business improvement tool.
Having an effective quality management system in place leads to many improvements in an organisation. Establishing a quality management system requires the development of a quality policy and quality goals, quality manual, procedures, work instructions and records.
ISO 9001:2015 involves a process-oriented approach to documenting and reviewing the structure, responsibilities, and procedures required to achieve effective quality management in an organisation.
ISO 9001:2015 is well recognised by governments, commissioners and referrers who use ISO 9001:2015 certification as a mark of quality to identify technically competent, safe, efficient and consumer-focused services that meet regulatory requirements.
By supporting continuous improvement ISO 9001:2015 certification with QIP Certifications can help health and human service organisations to:
- Meet the needs of their consumers
- Assure their consumers of the level of care provided
- Increase productivity
- Increase consumer satisfaction
- Increase employee satisfaction and morale
- Streamline operations
- Gain assurance regulatory requirements are being met
- Create cost savings resulting in increased profits, and
- Be more competitive in tender submissions.